Camp Code: FSL WC- 815
Jodhpur is a popular tourist destination featuring many palaces, forts and temples. The city is known as the ‘Sun City’ for the bright sunny weather it enjoys throughout the year. It is also referred to as the ‘Blue City’ due to the indigo tinge of the whitewashed houses around the Mehrangarh Fort.
The focus of the camp is to create awareness on environmental issues to children and the community, provide community service on health and hygiene and to introduce the school children to creative learning methods. The local NGOs, municipal councilor and School Management Committee will be the partners of the camp.
Blue Mahal – Art of Living (cont’d) Activities:
- Meetings with the local community to promote health and hygiene, awareness on environmental issues
- Tree plantation with community participation
- The work camp involves teaching children basic English in non-formal schools and creative learning methods like art, music, games etc.
- Wall painting, educational pictures drawing and making a kitchen garden in schools
- Visit to cultural, historical and religious sites
- Cultural exchange with the community
- Interaction with slum kids
- Jodhpur is located at 560 km south west of Delhi
- Nearest international airport – Jaipur & Delhi (Jodhpur is connected with domestic flights)
- The nearest railway station – Jodhpur
- Bus services available from – Delhi & other cities in North India
- The exact meeting point will be mentioned in the info sheet
- In a rented guest house or hostel, with shared rooms