Health & hygiene/Awareness/Education/Culture
Camp Code: FSL WC-816
Jaipur, the fascinating capital of the desert state of Rajasthan, is one of the best planned cities of its time. The graceful architecture of the city all in the colour pink has earned Jaipur the title of “The Pink City”. It is predominantly known for its musicians, artisans and craftsmen. Today, tourists flock to the city attracted by its fine jewelry, varied textiles and sumptuous cuisine.
The purpose of the camp is to create awareness on environmental issues affecting this city, to create better learning facilities for the children in schools, provide community service to the slum dwellers and poor children. The local NGOs, municipal councilor, and School Management Committee will be the partners of the camp.
Pink Shehar – Paris of India (cont’d) Activities:
- The work camp involves teaching children basic English in non-formal schools and creative learning methods like art, music, games etc.
- Renovations – school toilets, kitchen wall painting and making a kitchen garden
- Meetings with the local community to promote health and hygiene, awareness on environmental issues
- Tree plantation with community participation
- Visit to cultural, historical and religious sites
- Cultural exchange with the community
- Interaction with children from the slums
- Jaipur is located at 268 km south of Delhi
- Nearest international airport- Delhi, nearest railway station- Jaipur
- Bus services available from Delhi and other cities in North India
- The exact meeting point will be mentioned in the info sheet
- In a rented guest house or hostel, with shared rooms