Centre for Experiential Living & ‘Agronomics Galore’ – Kundapur Open Camp
FSL-India has its very own eco- friendly Centre for Experiental Living (CEL) at Kundapur, in the lush green, rural area of coastal Karnataka, which is home to breathtaking fauna and flora. The Centre itself is surrounded by coconut and mango trees, creating an atmosphere of peace and tranquility.
FSL-India’s CEL is a home away from home for the program participants all the year around. Your week-long orientation is conducted at the Centre and you will participate in Summer/Winter Camps, as well International Team Leader Trainings (ITLT) here.
Sustainable Agriculture Project Camp Code: FSL-India Open Camp
In August 2014, FSL-India initiated the Sustainable Agriculture Project (SAP) at its newly constructed Centre for Experiential Living at Kundapur, with a vision to evolve a model of sustainable agriculture and livelihood by involving and integrating different farming systems for efficient use of conservation and management of natural resources. The Centre has implemented this project across the farm land, which covers 6.5 acres.
Tasks of the program participant: Depending on the season, you will be engaged in any of the following SAP activities:
- Maintenance of the natural landscape ‐ soil and water conservation, live hedge fencing, fruit and forestry plantation
- Activities in natural surroundings, planning a local food festival, forest- crop cultivation, composting, kitchen garden, medicinal plants cultivation, nursery management
- Express your interests and experience to the farmer, so you can plan how to implement your skills and experience into daily farm life
- Documentation of local traditional practices
Depending on the duration of the program you will also be involved in activities with children in the local schools, i.e. teaching environmental protection through creative learning methods like art, games etc. House visits and meetings with local people will be organized as part of intercultural learning and you will witness and participate in the cultural programs with the local community. The participation fee covers food and accommodation costs.
- Visit to cultural and religious sites
- Family visit as part of inter-cultural learning
- Participate in the cultural programs with local community
- Kundapur is located 440 kms north-west of Bangalore, near the Arabian sea and 91 kms north of Mangalore
- Nearest international airport – Bangalore & Mangalore
- Nearest railway station – Kundapur
- Bus services available from – Bangalore, Mangalore & Goa
- The exact meeting point will be mentioned in the info sheet
At FSL-India’s Centre for Experiential Living, with shared rooms.